Monday, December 15, 2008

The 11 days of Berghorn Christmas - Day 1


Grandma Kinne, Sydney and Savannah


My grandma Kinne died last May. She was my dad's mom. At her house there was a hall closet that had a door where everyone that came to her house was measured. Even some of our dogs were measured! It was a very big deal and I remember when I first took my girls to her house and we held them up to the door to be measured. The big thing when I was little was to be as big at the girl with the pigtails. The close-up shows that I made it to that goal on 12/24/76. WOW! It is hard to see the names on this post but if you look near the 45 on the green stripe you can see my name. I didn't realize that my family always thought it was me who kept this tradition going. But when my grandma passed away and my aunt, uncle and dad were getting rid of everything, they decided that I should have the dooor. Yep, I have the whole door. My dad had to get a custom door to fit the closet to replace it. We don't know what we will do with it yet, but it is truly a special piece of "Kinne" history.

1 comment:

Mona said...

Your grandma and your girls look so happy in the picture. The importance of taking pictures can never be understated.
Strange comment added...I did not know you were into World of Warcraft...good thing you know where you can get some cheap gold.

Followers

Products I Love

  • Cricut Expressions