Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving and Grandma's Noodles


Noodles and Mashed Potatoes




Thanksgiving was always a time for my family to "go over the river and through the woods to grandmother's house...". We had the traditional turkey, stuffing, and in our family we had noodles. Not little noodles,but, big, thick, german noodles that are similar to small dumplings. We cook them in turkey or chicken broth. They are delicious. When Rob started to come to our family gatherings he looked at our plates piled high with noodles on mashed potatoes and thought we were nuts (we are, but that is beside the point). I can proudly say that he is now an official noodle lover! My Aunt Diana is the one who has taken the task on to make them and I hope to get to make them as well as her!
This year we didn't make them from scratch, and they were not the same, but they were good (thanks mom) and did the trick!






This year, and always, Thanksgiving was a busy time for us! In fact, I was so busy, that I hardly took any pics. I need to get someone else to be the photographer on these days! These pics are of the girls with our dog Holly and my dad and Kelly's dogs. Cosmo was our first dog, she is the biggest of the dogs. We thought she would be happier on my dad's property, and she is! The other pic shows my brother Mike, my nephew George and Savannah and Syd.






1 comment:

Mona said...

Noodles...I still think it's strange. I can't believe how big George is getting. Cosmo looks good too.

Followers

Products I Love

  • Cricut Expressions