Saturday, December 6, 2008

"These books are like a drug...and I am Addicted!"

So I love to read. I always have. I used to take 4 to 5 books to my dad's house when it was his weekend of visitation and read them all. I would read by flashlight or hallway light at night at my moms house, after "lights out time". I love books. I still love reading and books, but never find the same amount of time to read. That is because of life, mostly, but I also love stupid tv, scrapbooking, crocheting, and time with my family, of course. But I have found a book that is written by a genious. Of course my brother would not agree, he is a super avid reader of classics and lit major. But in my reading world, these books transport me into a world that I never thought that I would like.
My frinend Mona and I decided to read them for a reading contest, to get some points for our team. But then I opened the cover and fell in! I could not stop, it was like a drug. Rob and the girls say I ignore them, my tivo is filling up with unwatched shows and the blanket that NEEDS to get done is not getting done. The books put me in the type of happy mood that I cannot explain. Sure other people laughed at me (Alicia), but now I have shown her my drug and she understands. Mona knows the drug, and at this time, she is probalby reading the fourth drug of choice and will soon entice me with her giggle and hints! Soon Jane, Angie, and Tracy will understand and their husbands will wonder what they are on...or what spell they are under. It is amazing. I am trying to slowly go through book 3 of 4. I know 4 is the end, and I do not want the feeling to be over. Stephenie Meyer, author of "Twilight" thank you! Mona and Alicia leave a comment about where you are.....I need to have a lit circle discussion!

4 comments:

Shanalea Atchison said...

You guys are crazy. Skylar's mom said I could borrow her books and read.

Sue said...

I need to check these out...I LOVE books like that!

Alicia said...

OMG I'm at the part where Edward meets Charlie...LOVE IT!

Mona said...

I finished Eclipse. I cried again. I love these books! I also don't want it to end. I did not read anymore this weekend. I wanted to wait and see where you were on Monday. It has been driving me crazy, but like you, I don't want it to end. This is worse than Harry Potter...I still have not read the last book in that series because I don't want it to end. I am afraid I will go through withdraws. I may need to be hospitalized!

Followers

Products I Love

  • Cricut Expressions